Another odor focused article: ‘New Car Smell’ Is The Scent of Carcinogens, And Even Short Trips May Overexpose Us.
I didn’t blog much over the past year. But having some time in the February break it was time to take this blog to 2021.
There recently was this interesting article: Deficiency and absence of endogenous isoprene in adults, disqualified its putative origin by Pritram Sukul et.al (10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e05922). Thanks to Julian King for pointing to this article. It’s an interesting study trying to track down the endogenous origin of isoprene in breath.
Just recently I found an interesting answer to the question “Why can we smell copper?” on the chemistry stackexchange.
There is a Github repo td20200225.
I had to spend more time than expected on data cleaning.
The analysis is done in R with a
tidy work flow.
Having some more time at hand I was able to add long overdue alterations to cookiecutter-r-data-analysis. I left my template alone for about a year and during this time I have developed some new practices and given up on some others.
Survival of the fittest is a pretty demonstration how algorithmic bias comes to be.
Just got back from Dornbirn and the paper is sent off for review. So I got some time at hand and can checkout atom again. My workhorse was vim - and although I generally feel empowered using it in larger projects I would prefer a more user-friendly organization.
I started the project R-Hugo-Papercss.
This is a template for the hugo static site engine. The purpose is to use its page bundle feature with generated content from R. There were small issues to make hugo write the relative URLs.
By now feels complete enough to try out blogging.
Some animal pictures from my garden to test content images.